The Connecting Terminal Elevator, 32 Fuhrmann Boulevard, has been prominently visible on the Buffalo skyline since 1915. It was built from 1914 to 1915 and designed by H. R. Wait of the Monarch Engineering Company, with an annex built in 1954—the last elevator to be built in Buffalo. In this photograph taken from the Skyway in about 1955, the Connecting Terminal Elevator is in use and still retains its head house, personnel lift tower, and two marine towers. Its capacity was more than 1.6 million bushels. In 1979 the idled elevator became part of Buffalo River Marina, and is now owned by the Erie Canal Harbor Development Corporation, which is evaluating plans for adaptive reuse and public access to the ground story and roof.
A view of the Connecting Terminal Elevator from the Skyway in September 2017: