Blessed Trinity Roman Catholic Church, 317 Leroy Avenue, may well be the finest example of Lombard-Romanesque architecture in North America. Built from 1923 to 1928, Blessed Trinity is clad in handmade unmolded bricks and architectural terra cotta, and is adorned with over 2,000 symbols of Medieval inspired Christian iconography. Here is an interior view, likely captured not long after the church’s completion, showing the barrel vaulted ceiling drawn from classical Roman designs of Lombardy. As one of the city’s great ecclesiastical monuments, Blessed Trinity Roman Catholic Church became its first ever locally landmarked building on January 11, 1977.
Here is the church’s exterior in August 2017: