by/ May. 11, 2016 2am EST
In advance of the third annual Farm to Pint event, which takes place Sunday, May 15, 12-8pm, at Hamburg Brewing (6553 Boston State Road, Hamburg), let’s examine some of the locally sourced beer that will be available:
- Hamburg Brewing Blackberry Gose (3.8%)
A traditional German-style sour featuring primarily New York State-grown wheat and two-row malt from NY Craft Malt, brewed with blackberries, coriander, and Mediterranean sea salt.
- CBW Frank American Pale Ale (4.6%)
A mellow malt base consisting of a portion of malts from Niagara Malt and hops from the Pacific Northwest.
- Resurgence Brewing Cucumber Saison (4%)
A saison dry-hopped with Sorachi Ace, aged on cucumbers—made with wheat and Munich malt from NY Craft Malt.
- Flying Bison Seneca Saison (5.3%)
Made with 100% NY Craft Malt (two-row, malted wheat and rye), homegrown Chinook hops and Newport hops from Niagara Vines and Bines.
- 42 North Brewing F2P Berliner Weisse (3.5%)
An all-New York State beer made with wheat and barley malt from NY Craft Malt and Erie County-grown Newport hops.
- Four Mile REAP Vol. III Wheat Ale (4.4%)
A hoppy wheat ale brewed with locally sourced red wheat.
- Old First Ward Therapy Session Pale Ale (4.8%)
This aggressively hopped pale ale features cascade hops and malt from Niagara County.
- 12 Gates Brewing Sweet Orange Summer Ale (4.7%)
Made with 90% from NY Craft Malt, Sweet Orange Summer Ale features orange peel that adds a refreshing splash of citrus.
- Woodcock Brothers North 425 Pilsner (5%)
A light pilsner made with locally grown Newport and Czech Saaz hops.
- Ellicottville Brewing Sky High Rye IPA (5.5%)
Rye IPA featuring rye from NY Craft Malt that utilizes a variety of hopping methods to obtain a juicy, Mosaic-forward blend.
- Rusty Nickel Hard Red French Saison (6%)
French saison using a blend of wheat from Niagara Malt and NY Craft Malt as well as pilsner malt from Niagara Malt.
- Southern Tier Brewing Back Burner Barleywine (10.5%)
A barleywine-style ale made with local blackstrap molasses and maple syrup.
- Big Ditch Brewing Niagara Wild (4%)
Belgian-influenced wild ale featuring local pilsner malt and hops from Niagara Malt and as well as wild yeast and bacteria collected from WNY.
- Five and 20 Spirits and Brewing Rye Pale Ale (5.2%)
Brewed using rye malt for a spicy grain character with moderate hop additions using American hop varietals for a spicy, citrus flavor and aroma.
- New York Beer Project Saison With Cherries
A saison crafted with malt from Niagara Malt and sour cherries.
- Gordon Biersch Pilsner (Cask)
Czech-style pilsner dry-hopped with Cascade hops from Niagara Hops.