by/ Jan. 10, 2018 7am EST
The Lehigh Valley Station, opened in 1955, was the last intercity railroad station built in Buffalo. The Dingens Street station served passengers for only six years, closing on February 3, 1961, the day the Maple Leaf service had its last run from Toronto. Replacing the Main Street terminal built in 1916 and razed in 1960, the new Lehigh Valley station was built in the International Style. A light-filled glass waiting room served passengers, and a two-story horizontal slab housed railroad offices. After its closure the station was severely altered to accommodate new uses, and ultimately demolished in 2004.