by/ Mar. 21, 2018 12am EST
Jefferson Avenue has long been a neighborhood center and meeting place of Buffalo’s East Side. Jefferson Avenue is pictured here in about 1942, looking north from the intersection with Carlton Street. A #18 Jefferson bus, which replaced the streetcar in 1942, travels south. On the left, at the northwest corner of Jefferson and Carlton, Eleanor Flynn’s restaurant and Eleanor Krueger’s confectionery, advertising Rich’s ice cream, are visible.